Monday, March 10, 2014

DIY Facial Scrub/Masque

DIY Facial Scrub/Masque


So, I was rummaging through my kitchen the other day, and I thought to myself, "hm... I really want to try an all natural facial masque" so, I looked around and came across plain yogurt, honey, & grounded flaxseed.

  • Honey has antioxidant/antimicrobial properties, which is great for dry, aging, and acne prone skin. It's an anti-irritant, so it can be used on even the most sensitive skin.
  • Yogurt has been used since ancient times as a natural moisturizer/exfoliator! It contains zinc (anti-inflammatory properties), lactic acid (helps exfoliate and smooth the skin), calcium (anti-oxidant power), and B-vitamins (necessary for cell growth)
  • Flaxseed applied to skin has a soothing and moisturizing effect. The flaxseed also acts as a gentle facial scrub.
Mix:
2 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoon yogurt
1 tablespoon flaxseed
(mix altogether to create a paste-like masque)
Leave on for 10-15 minutes *I always scrub my skin as I'm putting on my masque for extra exfoliation*               
 Remove with warm water/damp towel
 VOILA! Smooth and radiant skin! :)

Added FUN:
Can also be used as a body scrub

I will have a ton more "at home" skin care recipes soon

Substitute for flaxseed--Oatmeal

No comments:

Post a Comment